Facial Hair Removal in Mississauga and Toronto
Here at Sama Med spa, we give you the latest technology in the field of facial hair removal. Thanks to our facial hair removal system, you can achieve a faster, less painful, and more efficient treatment that requires fewer procedures than other hair removal technologies on the market.
Sama Med spa is incredibly excited to bring you our facial hair removal treatment for everyone in Mississauga, Toronto and GTA.
Laser Facial Hair Removal in Toronto
Sama Med spa facial hair removal system is the safest and most effective* treatment available that is suitable for anyone, whatever age and skin type they may be!
With technology developing and beauty treatments getting better and better, facial hair removal is now recognized as one of the best options for reducing facial hair. Starting in the 1990s, facial hair removal in Mississauga and Toronto has been on the rise and laser treatments have grown in efficacy and safety. Today, laser hair removal for facial hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic treatments in North America and certainly in Toronto.
Get your facial hair removal treatment today!
Causes of Excessive Hair Growth
Excessive hair growth is a medical condition in both men and women that are classified as either hypertrichosis or hirsutism.
Hypertrichosis is characterized by the presence of excess hair in a normal and sometimes in an abnormal pattern. There are a few factors that cause abnormal facial hair growth. These could be genetics, malnutrition, tumours, or due to medications, hormones, or metabolic problems.
On the other hand, Hirsutism is the abnormal presence of excessive hair in women that is characterized by male pattern hair growth. This can be in such a form as a beard or mustache. The common causes of hirsutism are hormonal problems, medications, tumours, or heredity.
How Facial Hair Removal Works
Facial hair removal is done by using a laser to remove unwanted hair permanently. It works by targeting and damaging the root of the hair. The laser that is used in facial hair removal is attracted to pigment or colour. Thus, the laser would target the hair rather than damaging the skin. Since there is a good contrast between the skin and the hair, the laser only targets the root of the hair strand leaving only a little stem.
After a few weeks or so, your skin will naturally push out this stem. It would likely appear that new hair is growing, while the reality is your skin is just pushing out the left-behind stem of the laser treatment. All of these will then easily come out or fall out.
Since the cycle of hair growth ranges from approximately 4 to 6 weeks for the face, you would be coming in for your next facial hair removal treatment by then. With multiple treatments, you will notice that you will have less and less facial hair every time.
Candela Gentle Max for Facial Hair Removal
facial hair removal is best performed with the use of Candela Gentle Max. This is safe for all skin types. Many salons, dermal clinics, and spas are offering IPL for facial hair removal. But the use of IPL poses a lot of threats. It is far more painful, requires multiple treatment sessions, can lead to a number of side effects and is far less effective!
Facial Hair Removal Treatments
When it comes to facial hair removal treatments, you are advised to undergo more than one treatment. The reason being is that our hair has different cycles of growth. Ideally, we want to be
able to attack the hair in the active stages of hair growth (anagen stage). This is when the hair follicle has a full root. The only reason as to why you would need more than one treatment is because we don’t know which hairs are in the right stage at one time. Normally 5-8 treatments are required for the best results of facial hair removal.
Contact our expertly trained beauty technicians for a complimentary consultation to give you realistic expectations and to determine whether you are in fact a good candidate for a facial hair removal treatment. Call us now and get a FREE consultationhttps://samaspa.ca/booking/
Before the treatment, the face is wiped clean with witch hazel. The treatment takes place in a special room setup for laser treatments. Everyone in that room wears protective eyewear, which is disinfected before/after each client. As the procedure starts, any loose skin is held taut as it is treated with the laser. The laser pulses are identical to an elastic band, snapping. The facial hair removal treatment duration can take as long as 3-5, depending on the areas to be treated.
What should I do after my facial hair removal treatment?
As your face would be sensitive after the treatment, you need to protect your skin from the sun. Here are some points to remember:
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Do not use a tanning bed, sun lamp, or any other indoor tanning equipment.
- Take note and follow your medical aesthetician’s after-care instructions.
- facial laser hair removal has no downtime. Right after your facial hair removal treatment, your face may be red and swollen. But despite this, you can proceed with your daily routine.
- Results may become evident as soon as 20 days after your first session, However, this may vary based on each patient. Factors like the color and thickness of your facial hair, the type of laser used, and the color of your skin can affect the results. After your first session, you may notice a 10% to 15% reduction in facial hair. For optimal results, a minimum of 8-10 sessions are recommended.
- Laser hair removal results on the face may last for months or years after the full treatment series has been completed. This varies from patient to patient, based on hormone levels.
- Most patients experience mild erythema (swelling/redness) which lasts about 30 minutes after each session has been completed.
- Facial laser hair removal intervals vary depending on a patient’s case. Most patients are recommended to undergo laser hair removal once every 4 to 6 weeks. Consult your laser technician to know how frequently you should do a facial hair removal treatment.https://samaspa.ca/booking/